The call for papers is now open!
If you wish to submit an abstract, simply send an e-mail to email@example.com by 5pm EST on the 31st of March with your completed abstract form. Please note that this is a dedicated e-mail for abstracts, and submissions sent to the other conference email address will NOT be accepted.
Other things to note:
1. Your presentation should be no longer than 20 minutes in order to allow for 10 minutes of question time following. Papers running overtime throw off the entire conference schedule, so please keep this in mind as you prepare.
2. If you are currently studying at Honours level, there are a few things to consider before submitting an abstract. Presenting a paper at Amphorae is a considerable time commitment, so you are well-advised to confer with your supervisor before submitting an abstract. If you wish to present your research, but are unable to manage a full 20-minute presentation, you might consider presenting a poster instead.
3. If you wish to present a poster rather than a paper, there are a few things to consider. Posters must be A0 in size and will be displayed in the foyer of the Centre for Classical and Near Eastern Studies of Australia (in which much of the conference will take place). Although you are not required to give a formal presentation, please ensure that you are regularly available to speak about your research in an informal setting. You should also clearly display your contact details on the poster so that attendees who were unable to speak to you about your research during the conference can contact you at a later date.
4. Access to computers, projectors, and internet will be provided. If you have a PowerPoint presentation accompanying your paper, upload it to a USB drive and bring it along. Alternatively, we are able to connect your personal computer directly with a VGA Cable (Mac adapter also available).
5. Access to a dedicated Classics library in the Centre for Classical and Near Eastern Studies of Australia will be available. Those wishing to use this facility during the conference must send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with a completed Readers Form attached.